Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
Scale's sales team works with all sorts of businesses, from large self-driving car enterprises to small ML-driven startups. As Scale's first sales operations team member, you'll partner with sales leadership to drive the productivity, strategy, and effectiveness of our sales team across this diverse customer base. This will involve everything from building and owning core operations, to driving key initiatives, to developing crucial insights and recommendations. This role spans the myriad tactical, operational, analytical, and strategic issues inherent in making a good sales organization hum, and will eventually involve building out a world-class team as well.
Ideally you’d have:
- Work with sales and overall leadership to define go-to-market approaches and strategy
- Create and manage processes such as target setting, forecasting and budgeting
- Run deal-desk operations to ensure successful pricing and smooth execution of deals from inception to close
- Define, manage and analyze key performance metrics
- Help develop and maintain an evolving pricing strategy.
- Oversee implementation of enabling systems and tools
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years of sales, strategy and operations experience in a high-tech growth environment, or operational experience in investment banking, management consulting, or business insights / analytics roles
- Strong data analytics skills and experience with large data sets
- Extensive experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms.
- A strong orientation towards outcomes, and a history of being scrappy when it counts
- A history of building strong interpersonal relationships with a wide range of both operations and sales-relevant teams
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to convey complex ideas succinctly
- Advanced SQL and Excel knowledge
- BA/BS degree in quantitative or analytical major
- Prior experience hiring, building, and managing high-performance teams
- Prior experience in an rapidly-evolving, high-growth environment
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.