Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
Scale is building a team of key operations generalists to tackle building up our rapidly growing global supply network of remote workers. We have strong traction in the autonomous vehicle space, and are rapidly gaining momentum in a variety of other computer vision industry verticals (robotics, drones, etc.). This sky-rocketing demand means our supply s team must be quick on their feet to meet the demand, as no two days are the same. One day you might be analyzing the the output of the remote works, and another you might be running experiments with remote workers in order to help them improve. You are the bridge between the remote workers and our customers, connecting multiple teams (e.g., Product, Marketing, Operations, Analytics, Business) to serve both groups. We are looking for highly resourceful people with a get things done mentality in order to build the infrastructure and operations to support the people who matter the most to us: our users and customers!
Ideally you’d have:
- Build & Grow: Create and own a diverse supply growth funnel of global workers (crowd-based freelancers, vendors, remote workers) across various verticals of the business.
- Analyze & Experiment: Use quantitative experimentation to derive result-oriented actions for user acquisition, retention, experience, and performance.
- Plan & Strategize: Constantly plan ahead and explore strategies that would recruit, onboard, and retain remote workers
- Work cross-functionally: Jump from sales & success, product & engineering, quality assurance and business operations to ensure supply is happily marrying demand
Nice to haves:
- Grit: Ability to break down barriers or remove bottlenecks in order to further objectives.
- Entrepreneurial drive: Drive the vision and direction in which we are growing our user base.
- Problem solving mindset: Solving problems left and right, putting out fires as they come.
- Action-oriented mindset: Enjoys both building the plan and executing on it.
- Low Ego: Not above completing any task as long as it helps the team be successful.
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and ability to work well in unstructured environments
- Prior experience in business operations, even better if you're a small business owner who wants to expand.
- Fluency with SQL and other BI tools
- 2+ years in an operations, market launch, and/or market general management role
- 2+ years experience in an analytical field (engineering, product, banking, consulting, etc.)
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.