Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
As Scale’s first data scientist, you will lead the charge on building our analytical infrastructure and driving insights that lead to step-function improvements in how we operate. We handle millions of tasks for businesses looking to scale their ML development, and we’re looking for a talented data scientist to help us understand it all in the service of building better products. In this role, you will apply statistical models, design and interpret experiments, build mission-critical dashboards, and help structure and order our data in the pursuit of transparency over how we operate and how we can improve.
Ideally you’d have:
- Work closely with product, marketing, business, and ML teams to identify and answer important questions
- Set up, maintain, and scale our data analytics infrastructure
- Build critical dashboards that will guide day-to-day operations, planning, and strategic decision-making
- Iterate on your work and analyses to generate ever-better questions to answer
- Apply statistical models to identify root causes and predict the future performance of tasks, users, and products
- Design, run, and analyze experiments
- Build machine-learning models that power core operations, such as quality assessment and fraud detection
Nice to haves:
- 3+ years of industry experience in data science broadly
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (*e.g. *R, Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics (clustering, regression, etc.) and experimental design
- Comfort setting up and using BI tools
- Experience with ETL tools and building / maintaining a data warehouse
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.