Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the autonomous vehicles market.
About the role
Scale is hiring a Product Designer to own user-facing products on our Supply team - the human side of AI. This team builds tools to onboard, educate, and manage our decentralized annotation team who sustain throughput for our AI services.
You will be the key advocate for providing a great experience and supporting the livelihood of thousands of independent labelers. This role is extremely cross-functional, touching everything from 3D applications to operations management.
There are only a handful of designers working in AI, so you will have a massive influence defining how to sustainably democratize machine learning and empower all people in the ecosystem.
- Design user flows and interactions with our Supply team as the sole design owner
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Content Strategists, Designers, and Operations team members to solve product and business challenges
- Contribute to the evolution of our company-wide design system and interaction patterns
- Effectively prioritize and execute given rapid timelines and high amounts of ambiguity
- Experience leading end-to-end UI / UX design projects and shipping products
- Initiative to proactively identify problems, prioritize ideas, and rally support for proposed solutions
- Proficiency in UI design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch) and prototyping tools (e.g., Principle, Origami Studio)
- Background using data and user research to inform design iterations
- Understanding of front-end development
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Portfolio of product design projects that highlight your skills
- At least 3 years of experience as a Product Designer or demonstrated ability to execute on a design team
- Exposure to artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other technical concepts
- Experience with consumer-facing projects involving education, training, onboarding, growth, or community
- Experience with internationalization and designing for targeted global audiences
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.