Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
Scale is a vital part of bringing machine learning enabled technologies to the world, from autonomous driving to drones, robots and AV / AR. Our customer base is growing exponentially, and you will be on the front lines of ensuring that the world's most innovative companies become passionate, lifelong Scale customers. Our Solutions Engineers ensure customers' first experiences with Scale's technology is flawless and leads to a successful long-term partnership. Solutions Engineers partner closely with AEs to lead prospective customers through pre-sales pilots with the goal of getting to yes on the Scale product, providing input to Scale's final proposal and developing a post-sales on-boarding plan. Solutions Engineers are experts on Scale's product and have general technical knowledge on web development and infrastructure. Solutions Engineers are strong relationship builders, great project managers and always fun to work with.
Ideally you’d have:
- Partner with Scale AEs to deliver customer pilots according to requirements agreed by the customer
- Be accountable for customer experience during the pilot and closing new logos
- Develop and maintain playbooks, demos and other tools for executing successful pilots
- Evangelize Scale and interact with customers at major events
- Work with AEs and PMs to develop customer specific feature requests
Nice to haves:
- 2-3+ years experience in a technical sales or consulting role
- Prior experience developing with Python, Java and / or other web development languages
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and front-line engineers
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- A desire to build a new team as part of a high-growth organization
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
- An intellectually curious and empathetic personality
- Ability and interest in working at high velocity
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Prior experience at an API technology company
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.