Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications by democratizing access to ground truth data. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Strategic Finance professional from a top-tier investment bank or a high-growth technology company to drive the financial strategy, planning, and operations at our rapidly growing company. The right individual will combine data-driven analytical insights and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for Scale, and work closely with teams & executive leadership across the company.
As our Strategic Finance Lead, you will bring a strong analytical background to influence every facet of the business. You will own the company financial model, drive quarterly & annual planning processes, drive detailed analyses to inform key business decisions, help define and track key performance metrics for the company, and act as a strategic partner to our Product and Business leadership teams. You’ll focus real-time on high-priority business issues and see your insights turned into impactful initiatives on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, experience in data-driven decision making, and familiarity with basic financial concepts. We hope you'll join us!
Ideally you'd have:
- Develop & maintain the company financial model
- Drive the annual & quarterly business planning processes
- Understand and analyze the levers that drive the company’s long-term financial trajectory
- Analyze Scale's unit economics and understand levers that drive margins
- Explore data to find actionable insights and make product & business recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more
- Help define, track, and report key metrics for the company (e.g., OKR's)
- Work with management team on fundraising and investor relations activities
Nice to haves:
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking at a top-tier firm and 2+ years of experience in finance related functions, preferably for a technology company
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills, working with executive leadership and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success presenting complex data (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Fluency in SQL, as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Finance or other quantitative fields is a plus
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.