Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the autonomous vehicles market.
About the role
Scale is looking for our very first Content Designer to lead the creation of our content practice and make our products stronger through language. As we embark on new technical challenges and AI applications, it is critical for our product to effectively communicate advanced concepts with users and customers. You will work alongside designers, product managers, and engineers to create and improve labeling tools, customer dashboards, and marketing websites. You will also collaborate with operations team members to create accessible onboarding and education experiences for new and experienced labelers around the world.
- Create great product experiences and marketing solutions through the use of language
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers, marketing, and operations team members to solve product and business challenges
- Develop content standards and voice/tone guidelines to consistently highlight our brand values across products, websites, and print applications
- Contribute to educational training courses and public-facing content needs such as blog posts or job descriptions
- Experience leading content strategy projects as part of a product team
- Understanding of user experience and information architecture principles
- Initiative to proactively identify problems, rally support, and implement solutions
- Strong communication skills, writing style, product sense, and visual taste
- Portfolio of content projects that highlight your writing and design skills
- Proficiency in design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch) to efficiently collaborate with designers
- Held previous role as content designer, content strategist, technical writer, UX writer, copywriter, information architect, or product designer
- Exposure to technical concepts in engineering and artificial intelligence fields
- Experience with internationalization and writing for targeted global audiences
- Adoration for the Oxford comma and mastery of thesauruses
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.