Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
You will drive Scale's future growth by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Scale users. You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in both technical and business conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CTO, COO, and CFO. You enjoy bringing your product and technical knowledge when articulating our business proposition. You are biased towards winning business by analytically showing how a client's business model benefits from partnering with Scale . You thrive in extremely fast-paced environments, enjoy collaborating with driven colleagues to make the company a success, and are always looking for opportunities to add value and level up the business.
Ideally you’d have:
- Continue to build the foundation for strategic sales in a fast growing startup
- Solely own the full sales cycle—from prospect, to pilots, to negotiations and deal execution—for our most strategic prospective customers with deal sizes exceeding $250k
- Partner with Customer Operations teams to ensure pilots are successful and that feature requests are heard
- Partner with leadership to help develop and execute on new verticals and new use cases
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
Nice to haves:
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- 5+ experience in sales, preferably at an API or enterprise software company
- 3+ years closing annual contracts of at least $100k/year, and handling yearly quotas of $2mm+
- Successful experience in selling a complex software service to engineering organizations
- Ability to understand the Scale API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to identify high-probability customers and high-value verticals to go after
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Prior experience at an API technology company
- Strong technical background, ideally as a sales engineer or some technical educational program
- Consulting experience
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.