Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
Business Operations & Strategy drives mission-critical initiatives across multiple teams at Scale. We complement product, engineering, sales, marketing, and core operations by providing planning, analytical, operational, and strategic support. We are looking for hard-charging generalists who combine analytical rigor and an obsessive focus on outcomes with an empathetic interpersonal style. If you enjoy solving hard problems and building strong teams and relationships while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!
- Embed with teams to help drive high-priority projects across the business
- Design, manage, and iterate on the operational and analytical systems and processes that make Scale hum
- Help incubate, seed, and scale new teams
- Tackle ambiguous, open-ended questions and quickly develop and iterate on a solution
- Identify and perform analyses that propel Scale’s growth and evolution as a company
Nice to haves:
- A penchant for digging deep into data, thinking from first principles, and iterating quickly to deliver results
- A strong orientation towards outcomes, and a history of being scrappy when it counts
- Experience in product or project management, taking projects from conception to launch
- An easygoing interpersonal style and ability to work and build relationships with a wide range of people
- A history of developing lightweight processes and getting them adopted
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- 5-7+ years of experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role within a rapidly growing company
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn
- Experience in consulting or finance
- A CS background
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.