Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Lead to spearhead the identification, investigation, and evaluation of new use cases for Scale's labeling products & services across multiple industry verticals and geographies. We already have strong traction in the autonomous vehicle space, but are also gaining momentum in a variety of other computer vision industry verticals (robotics, drones, etc.).
The Business Development Lead will have an opportunity to engage both emerging startups and established companies in these sectors, and will need to formulate connections and build lasting relationships with the pioneering ML / AI talent (founders, engineers, etc.) in the space. If you enjoy exploring new markets, learning about new technologies, and building strong teams / relationships, we'd love to hear from you!
Ideally you'd have
- Keep a pulse on macro AI market trends, and be the subject matter expert on the ecosystem and players
- Identify target companies in attractive AI verticals with relevant Scale use cases
- Help define the required GTM capabilities (product, marketing, sales) needed to broadly serve these verticals
- Establish relationships with the current / emerging entrepreneurs & developers driving AI disruption in their sectors
- Identify, structure, and execute strategic partnerships between Scale and other important players in the AI ecosystem
- A curious mind and interest in learning & becoming fluent in new technologies
- An affinity for meeting & engaging engineers / entrepreneurs, and geeking out on all things technical
- A strong orientation towards outcomes, and a history of being scrappy when it counts
- An easygoing interpersonal style and ability to work and build relationships with a wide range of people
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- 2-4+ years experience in VC, BD / Partnerships, or Corp Dev covering the AI market
- Fluency in Mandarin, German, Japanese or Korean
- A CS background or an similar technical degree (in math, engineering, or applied sciences)
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.