Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
Scale is looking for an experienced Sales & Operations leader to grow our presence & momentum with ML / AI companies in Germany. We already have strong traction in the autonomous vehicle space, but are also gaining momentum in a variety of other computer vision industry verticals (robotics, drones, etc.).
The Head of Sales & Operations in Germany is an adept salesperson and leader, capable of engaging technical and business leadership (CEO, CTO, VP Eng., VP Ops) at both emerging startups and established companies that have strong use cases for Scale's labeling products & services. The right individual will also have experience building and leading sales / success teams, thrive in extremely fast-paced environments, and bias toward actions that add value for our customers and business. If you enjoy developing nascent GTM models, learning about new & evolving technologies, and building strong teams & relationships, we'd love to hear from you!
Ideally you'd have
- Build Scale's presence in Germany: hire & manage a team of Sales, Customer Success, and Field Engineering reps to serve our growing customer base
- Be a player coach: own & drive the full sales cycle with your team — from prospect, to pilots, to negotiations and deal execution — for mid-market and enterprise companies with deal sizes exceeding 100k EUR
- Expand the business: partner with Scale business, product, and engineering leadership to help develop and execute on new verticals and new use cases
- Develop the playbook: tailor Scale's GTM strategies & tactics to ensure success in the German market
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- 5+ experience in sales, preferably at an API or enterprise software company
- 3+ years closing annual contracts of at least 100k EUR / year, and handling yearly quotas of 1mm+ EUR
- 2+ years experience managing teams with proven track record of success
- Strong technical background, ideally as a sales engineer or some technical educational program
- Ability to understand the Scale API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to identify high-probability customers and high-value verticals to go after
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Fluency in German and English
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Prior experience at an API technology company
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.