Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
Business Operations Analysts drive transparency and insights across multiple teams at Scale. They complement the Business Operations & Strategy team more broadly, as well as engage directly with other teams such as supply, engineering, sales, and customer success. You will face ambiguous, complex, and varied problems across the business, and your work will directly evolve how Scale operates and understands itself. We are looking for candidates who are incessantly curious and who love creating insights out of ambiguity.
Ideally you’d have:
- Define, measure, and track key metrics to be used in monitoring, planning, and one-off decision-making
- Work closely with other teams to uncover root causes and drive solutions
- Help operators across the business better understand our customers, taskers, and pipeline efficiency
- Develop repeatable, scalable analytical solutions such as dashboards, models, or better underlying tables
- Proactively identify and perform analyses that propel Scale’s growth and evolution as a company
Nice to haves:
- Expert SQL and Excel knowledge
- A penchant for digging deep into data, thinking from first principles, and iterating quickly to deliver results
- A strong orientation towards outcomes, and a history of being scrappy when it counts
- An easygoing interpersonal style and ability to work and build relationships with a wide range of people
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to convey complex ideas succinctly
- 3-5+ years of experience in an analytical role
- Python and/or R experience and fluency
- A history of operating in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- A CS, Stats, or other background with an emphasis on quantitative work
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.