Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
About the role
Our Legal, Privacy, & Trust team works on exciting legal and operational issues at the leading edge of machine learning technology. You will join a creative and solutions-oriented team collaborating with internal teams at Scale and externally with our customers. We are looking for relentlessly curious, deliberately open-minded, and action-oriented generalists who can design effective legal advice, internal policies, and operational processes while employing an empathetic interpersonal style. If you enjoy solving novel and challenging problems and building strong teams and relationships while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!
Ideally you’d have:
- Lead, maintain, and improve security compliance initiatives (SOC 2, ISO 27001)
- Collaborate with security engineering to maintain and improve our information security program
- Collaborate with legal to maintain and improve our privacy compliance program (GDPR, CCPA)
- Design, manage, and iterate on compliance initiatives across our remote worker network and business process outsourcing partners (e.g., background checks, ID verification, code of conduct, etc.)
- Manage the completion of customer security questionnaires
- Manage internal and external security audits
- Collaborate with product, engineering, operations, people operations, and legal to implement new technical, administrative, and operational controls
- Be the first hire for our Trust team and report to the General Counsel
- Experience implementing some of the following frameworks and standards: ISO, SOC, NIST, GDPR
- Experience in project management and taking projects from conception to launch
- Experience with basic data analysis and reporting and an aptitude for using data-driven approaches whenever possible
- An iterative approach to process improvement
- An ability to translate between business and technical risk and communicate clearly to business and technical constituencies
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- 4-6+ years of experience in a security risk management role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Certifications in IT Audit or Security such as CISSP, CISA, or CISM
- A strong interest in privacy
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.